The GESE (Graded Examinations in Spoken English) exams test candidates’ ability in listening and speaking. They are one-to-one oral examinations with a native English-speaking Trinity examiner who travels from the UK.
What is special about GESE?
- The only exams that test listening and speaking skills.
- Internationally recognized certification.
- Candidates are examined personally by a trained examiner from Trinity College London.
- Candidates develop confidence in communication.
Value addition to academic qualification
There are 12 grades altogether which are linked to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). The exams encourage students to develop and progress by acknowledging each step forward; at every stage of the student’s development there is a chance to mark success.
There are four stages with three grades at each stage:
- Initial (Grades 1-3)
- Elementary (Grades 4-6)
- Intermediate (Grades 7-9)
- Advanced (Grades 10-12)